About the Event
One year ago, with only eight months of existence under its belt, Knoxville software startup RegScale announced the completion of a $20 million Series A funding round – the largest single raise of any Knoxville startup in history. Join Travis Howerton, Knoxvillian, entrepreneur, and co-founder and Chief Technology Officer of RegScale, to “ask him anything” about his entrepreneurial journey.
During this virtual conversation, learn:
- About Travis’ journey from Y-12 and ORNL to co-founder of a digital transformation company
- How Travis and his company, RegScale, have disrupted the cyber security space to create a more joyful and efficient experience for clients like the U.S. Navy, ORNL, TDOT, Starbucks and others
- How and why RegScale experimented to discover where they were needed in the market
- Tips on raising money, and how to “get comfortable being stupid”
- How Travis is helping to establish Knoxville as an attractive location for startups by creating a blueprint for entrepreneurs, and eventually becoming a venture capitalist himself
This event is part of the Innovation Track during Innov865 Week 2023.
About Travis Howerton
As co-founder and Chief Technology Officer of RegScale, Travis Howerton is responsible for the product development and R&D of RegScale’s continuous compliance automation platform. Before joining the RegScale team, Travis was the Global Director for Strategic Programs at Bechtel Corporation where he led the merger, cost savings, and transformation programs at Consolidated Nuclear Security. His former roles include Deputy Director for the IT Services Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory; Chief Technology Officer for the National Nuclear Security Administration; Chief Information Officer for Y-12 Site Office; and several senior executive assignments in the U.S. Department of Energy. An accomplished public speaker and author, Travis has been cited in over 50 publications and serves as a board member for organizations including East TN Economic Council (ETEC), and Oak Ridge Public Schools Education Foundation (ORPSEF). Travis holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Information Systems from Boston University and multiple certifications, including the CISSP, ITIL, PMP, Scrum Master, Harvard Credential of Readiness, and AWS Certified Developer.